December 12, 2009
Isaw Jay Womack’s 10-200 on your homepage and I have some questions regarding land gear, wheel pants and his smoke system. I think about some modifications on my 10-200 (N40JU) and hope he can give some advice.
Could you forward my email address to him please?
I've lost touch with Jay--the e-mail address I have doesn't work any more.
Thank you so much!
By the way: I managed to get in touch with Joe Underwood. He was the first owner of my airplane which is the prototype 10-200.
Best to you,
September 7, 2008
I bought N40JU from Heintje. Its new home is the airfield of Eichstaett (EDPE) in Germany .
The plane is great!
See http://german-aerobatics.com/profilflugzeug/N40JU.htm for more photos & details on this plane.
June 16, 2006
Lately I had a look to your great websites, congratulations.
Maybe I could clarify some questions you mentioned in the owners column.
I own the Ultimate 10-200 N40JU, S/N200-002.
The Ultimate is located in Germany at the airfield Greiz (EDOT).
I bought the plane in 2001 from a German guy living in Australia.
Since 2001 I fly the plane during national and international championships in advanced category and airshows!
The problem flying the Ultimate in competition got harder the last years with the release of all 300+HP aircrafts like CAP, Extra 300 also.
Now it's hard to compete on a international theater with a smal 200 HP biplane.
Therefore I decided to build a new aircraft; a highly modified Laser. My heart is bleeding, but I'll sell the Ultimate to a good home!
If you want, you could add the sales flyer to your website. All data about the plane itself are mentioned there!
If you want more informations about the plane itself, please let me know...
Sieglitzhofer Str. 51 D-91054
The Ultimate 10-200 was built 1986 by Ultimate Aerobatics Ltd. Canada,
S/N:200-002, 380 TTSN, US registered Experimental (N40JU), but completely factory built!
- Monty Barrett tuned angle valve IO-360, 230 HP, best condition and regulary serviced
- MT 3blade prop 100 TTSN (MTV-9-diameter 1,93m)
- 4 INTO 1 Sky Dynamics exhaust system,\
- Barrett modified air induction
- Lycon 10:1 pistons
- B&C Lightweight starter & SD-8 alternator, Bendix mags 50TTSOVHL
- VAC II/4 adapter for improved inverted oil pick up
- Christen Wobble pump
- Christen inverted oil system
- Prop oil accumulator
- Lot of Lexan floors
- Sighting device
- New battery (2005)
- Alcor intruments CHT, 2 EGT's,
Collins 251 VHF COM a.s.o
- Fuel Capacity: 22,5 U.S. Gallons (85 l) 21,4 U.S. Gallons Usable
- Inverted fuel system
- 4 full span ailerons
- 2 piece fibreglass cowl
- F-84 style canopy
- Haigh lockable tailwheel
- Macro flap system
- Large rudder (with spades)
- Large spar +7 to -5 "G"s operating
- Wing Area: 96 ft² (8,92 m²)
- Chord: 36"
- Wheel track: 65" (1,65 m)
- Wheel base: 144" (3,65 m)
- Tires 5.00 x 5
- Normal Weight:
- Maximum Weight: 1380 lbs. (625 kg)
- Empty Weight: 976 lbs.(442 kg)
- Useful Load: 404 lbs.(184 kg)
- Acro Weight:
- Acro Weight: 1250 lbs. (567 kg)
- Empty Weight: 976 lbs.(442 kg)
- Useful Load: 274 lbs. (125 kg)
- Never Exceed: 210 MPH (340 km/h)
- Stall Speed: 61 MPH (98 km/h)
- Cruise Speed: 160 MPH
- Wing loading: 13.4 lbs/ft²
- Power load: 6.4 lbs/HP
- Range: 500 nautical miles
- Incredible Rate of Roll: 360 deg/sec
- Rate of Climb: 5 vertical rolls on T/O
- Fresh annual inspection 02/06.
- A beautiful Airshow/competion ready aircraft.
- It’s flying bether than every Pitts you ever have flown … pure fun @ low costs ;o)
- The reason for selling the aircraft is, because I started a other aircraft project.
- The aircraft is based in Greiz (EDOT) Germany; 800m PPR gras airfield.
- You are very welcome to visit the plane anytime!
- Serious inquiries are welcome, please ask for pricing.
- You could also visit my website at http://www.pitts-special-team.de or
http://www.german-aerobatics.com for more !