Buffalo Chapter of Calix
The Calix Society is a Catholic organization intended to support the recovery both of Catholic alcoholics and those who love them.
The Buffalo Chapter of Calix meets on the last Sunday of the month at 3:00 PM in the basement of the rectory of St. Michael's Church (651 Washington St, Buffalo, NY 14203--see map below). The rectory is the small building to the left of the main entrance of the Church on Washington Street.
Chaplain: (Rev.) Martin X. Moleski, SJ
- Home: 716-888-2383
Credo of Calix
- Calix is an association of Catholic alcoholics who are maintaining their sobriety through affiliation with and participation in the Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous.
- 1. Our first concern is to interest Catholics with an alcoholic problem in the virtue of total abstinence.
- 2. Our second stated purpose is to promote the spiritual development of our membership.
- Our gathering today is an effort in this direction. Our conversation and our association together should be a source of inspiration and encouragement to each other, geared to our growth toward spiritual maturity.
- 3. Our participation in all other spiritual activities of Calix, such as the frequent celebration of the Liturgy, reception of the Sacraments, personal prayer and meditation, Holy Hours, Days of Recollection and retreats, aid us in our third objective, namely, to strive for the sanctification of the whole personality of each member.
- We welcome other alcoholics, not members of our faith, or any others, non-alcoholics, who are concerned with the illness of alcoholism and wish to join with us in prayer for our stated purposes.