Changes made to Marian Franciscan Samsung
NP300E5C-A07US (October 2012)
STL500LM012-M500MBB -- Samsung hard drive (500 GB)
- Windows 8 to Windows 10 migration did not work well.
- - 100% disk usage on startup.
- - abysmally slow response rate at first
- Turned off, disabled, or removed
- - Cortana
- - all Apple software
- - Delta Chrome Toolbar (malware)--and all of its add-ons
- - Delta Toolbar
- - BlazePhoto 2.0
- - Webroot SecureAnywhere -- remnants of installation and sales nag
- - Dropbox
- - Onedrive
- - Samsung Software (SW) Update (hostile to Windows)
- - Samsung Support Center (hostile to Windows)
- - Many live tiles
- - games
- - Windows updates
- - CCleaner
- - MalwareBytes
- - Created Windows repair DVD--fresh, complete download from MicroSoft that could be used to wipe everything clean and start over.
- To do
- - re-install DropBox
Good computer hygiene
- - Never install any Norton products under any circumstances.
- - Do not reinstall Samsung SW Update or Support Center. They are at war with Windows.
- - Never, never, never say yes to any offers to scan your computer that come from a website!
- If you are anxious, carefully close all windows, apps, and programs, then run a full scan with Windows Defender and MalwareBytes.
- - Resolution: 1366x768