Our Lady of Fatima
History of the Apparitions
The six apparitions took place from May 13 to October 13, 1917, on the 13th of each month.
|The Angel of Portugal taught the children to pray for sinners. "Take and drink the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, horribly outraged by ungrateful men. Repair their crimes and console your God."|
|May 13||Mary promised she would appear on the 13th for the next five months.|
|June 13||Mary predicted the early deaths of Francisco and Jacinta.|
|July 13||Mary predicted the Miracle of the Sun. "Sacrifice yourselves for sinners, and say many times, especially when you make some sacrifice: 'O Jesus, it is for love of You, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for the sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.'" Mary showed the children a vision of Hell.|
|August 19||"Pray, pray very much, and make sacrifices for sinners; for many souls go to hell, because there are none to sacrifice themselves and pray for them."|
|September 13||Encouragement to keep praying and offering sacrifices.|
|October 13||Miracle of the Sun|
Great Sign in the Night Sky
January 25, 1938: "an aurora borealis appeared all over the northern hemisphere in places as far south as North Africa, Bermuda and California."
"The Message of Fatima" by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.
- Vision of hell
- Consecration and conversion of Russia
- The attempted assassination of John Paul II on 13 May 1981.
- Tarcisio Bertone, SDB, Secretary of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, "The Message of Fatima," 26 June 2000:
- Sister Lucia personally confirmed that this solemn and universal act of consecration corresponded to what Our Lady wished. Hence any further discussion or request is without basis.
- EWTN Expert Answers: "Fátima--1984 Consecration".
- EWTN: "Fatima Consecration--Chronology."
- Jimmy Akin, "Has the Consecration Requested by Our Lady of Fatima Been Made or Not?"
- Wikipedia, "Our Lady of Fatima."
- “Sim, està feita, tal como Nossa Senhora a pediu, desde o dia 25 de Março de 1984”: “Yes it has been done just as Our Lady asked, on 25 March 1984” (Letter of 8 November 1989).