- I have the group policy to prevent crypto-locker and I needed to install FF on a single machine.
- Here is the process:
- Download "firefox setup stub.exe"
- Move it somewhere other than downloads. I used c:\temp.
- Open a command window (with admin privileges).
- Type these commands: (c:\temp is used for this example)
- set temp = c:\temp
- set tmp = c:\temp
- cd \temp
- Run your firefox setup.
- Worked like a charm for me.
This worked for me, too.
Now, I believe that if I set Firefox NOT to automatically update, it will not draw Cylance's ire.
Time will bell.