Leadership Conference of Women Religious
(Redirected from LCWR)
- The decision of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF) to undertake a doctrinal Assessment of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR) was communicated to the LCWR Presidency during their meeting with Cardinal William Levada in Rome on April 8, 2008.
- At that meeting, three major areas of concern were given as motivating the CDF’s decision to initiate the Assessment:
- Addresses at the LCWR Assemblies.
- Policies of Corporate Dissent.
- Radical Feminism.
- The Final Report of the Apostolic Visitation of women Religious in the United States has now been submitted to the Holy See (in December, 2011).