The Marian Franciscans are "a private association of the Christian faithful whose ministry is the New Evangelization."
For the next class
- Material unique to John
- 40 days of Lent
- Institution Narratives
- John 6
- diagram ...
- Structure of Mark's gospel; Luke's journey narrative
- "Their hearts go astray, and they do not know my ways" (Ps 95:10).
- Grace co-operates with nature.
- The gift of contrition: to acknowledge our sins without being crushed by guilt. God's grace is always greater than our sins! "Where sin abounds, grace abounds all the more" (Rom 5:20).
- We know something they don't know: we know JESUS.
- We pray the hymns of the Old Testament "fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, heedless of its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God" (Heb 12:2).
It is good to be good. Our goodness is a gift to us from God's goodness--we participate in God's goodness. Where good is, there is GOD. By His mercy. He loves us because He is so good, not because we are so good. "And His love is everlasting." We know more about the mercy of God than the psalmists did. It's good to be good, and when we are not good, we must rely on God's mercy to make all things right. Where there is goodness, there is grace. Grace and mercy. Year of mercy.
- I call upon you, save me
- and I will do your will.
- Where there is goodness, there is God.
- We do not save ourselves.
- We co-operate with grace.
- "All is grace."
- "The whole way to Heaven is Heaven."
- What we see is what we are
- Each one of us is a Holy of Holies, a living temple, with God dwelling in the heart of our hearts.
- Rush Limbaugh, many years ago: "People do not know how to say 'God.' I do."
- Creation; Covenant with Abraham, Israel, David, Moses; suffering (faithful remnant)
- Babylonian Captivity
- A conviction from my scripture studies: to understand the OT, remember the Babylonian Captivity. The great Before and After is all about the Missing Messiah.
- We are espoused to Jesus in Baptism
- Being married to Jesus is not something in our future; it is a reality NOW.
- Baptism is a marriage covenant with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. "What GOD has joined, men must not divide."
- All of our discernment takes place within this covenant with GOD.
- List and do notes on Canticles included in the Liturgy of the Hours.
- Our list of Psalms, so far
- Psalm 19 vs. Psalm 119
- Sunday, Week I
- vs. Job and Jesus
- The Lord takes delight in His People
- OK to ask for consolation, triumph, success
- Yhwh Mlk
- Ps 2 -- RAF Mackenzie!
- Acts 13:33 -- treated as prophecy of the resurrection
- 136 -- The Great Hallel
- Destroying our enemies is a mercy to us. It's a little hard on them.
- Psalm 84:5-8 -- "Traduttore tradittore!"
- Grail edition
- They are happy, who dwell in your house,
- for ever singing your praise.
- They are happy, whose strength is in you,
- in whose hearts are the roads to Zion.
- As they go through the Bitter Valley
- they make it a place of springs,
- the autumn rain covers it with blessings.
- They walk with ever growing strength,
- they will see the God of gods in Zion.
- Blessed are those who dwell in your house!
- They never cease to praise you.
- Blessed the man who finds refuge in you,
- in their hearts are pilgrim roads.
- As they pass through the Baca valley,
- they find spring water to drink.
- The early rain covers it with blessings.
- They will go from strength to strength
- and see the God of gods on Zion.
- Wed 9
- Wed 23
- Wed 14
- Wed 28 -- no class
- Marian Franciscans Facebook page.
- Marian_Franciscans on Instagram.
- Blog: Vocation 2 New Evangelization.