Natural Family Planning
YouCat calls NFP "a school of love." We should strive to keep in mind that the Church's teachings are about one of the greatest expressions of love available to us in this lifetime--"the life giving force of sexual union."
- Pope Paul VI, "Humanae Vitae."
- Pope John Paul II, "Evangelium Vitae: On the Value and Inviolability of Human Life."
From the NaProTechnology website.
- NaProTECHNOLOGY (Natural Procreative Technology) is a new women's health science that monitors and maintains a woman's reproductive and gynecological health. It provides medical and surgical treatments that cooperate completely with the reproductive system.
- Thirty years of scientific research in the study of the normal and abnormal states of the menstrual and fertility cycles have unraveled their mysteries.
- Menstrual cramps
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Ovarian cysts
- Irregular or abnormal bleeding
- Polycystic ovarian disease
- Repetitive miscarriage
- Postpartum depression
- Prematurity preventions
- Hormonal abnormalities
- Chronic discharges
- Other health problems
- Unlike common suppressive or destructive approaches, NaProTECHNOLOGY works cooperatively with the procreative and gynecologic systems. When these systems function abnormally, NaProTECHNOLOGY identifies the problems and cooperates with the menstrual and fertility cycles that correct the condition, maintain the human ecology, and sustain the procreative potential.
- Women now have an opportunity to know and understand the causes of the symptoms from which they suffer.
Dissent from Humanae vitae
|25 July 1968||Humanae vitae.|
|27 September 1968||
|18 April 1969||
|1998||The Canadian Bishops voted by secret ballot on a resolution to retract the Winnipeg Statement. It did not pass.|
Andrew Klavan, ep. 840, "State of the Kaboom," has badly misstated the grounds on which the Catholic Church objects to the use of artificial methods of birth control. He wrongly claims that the Church teaches that the life of an individual begins before conception in the sperm and the egg. He says that he disagrees on the grounds that "everything necessary for life" is not available until conception. That is precisely and exactly what the Church teaches. The grounds for rejecting artificial methods of birth control are that those methods are contrary to the "body language" of sexuality and marriage. Couples who use artificial methods want the pleasures associated with intercourse without accepting the responsibility and power of procreation.
I have listened to K-L-A-V-A-N with great interest and enthusiasm for several years. This was a regrettable lapse. I don't mind people choosing not to be Catholic. I do object very strongly to non-Catholics distorting the teaching of the Church. Klavan has essentially been hoodwinked by the Monty Python skit in which they sing, "Every sperm is sacred." Every act of intercourse is sacred and shoul be OPEN to the possibility of procreation, because that is the nature of the marital embrace. Holding that there is no intrinsic structure or nature to sexual intercourse--that we can sterilize the act as we please--is an endorsement of the mentality behind the same-sex agenda, transgenderism, adultery, pornography, and other socio-sexual disorders.
- Patrick Coffin, Sex au Naturel: What It Is and Why It's Good for Your Marriage
- Fletcher Doyle, Natural Family Planning Blessed Our Marriage: 19 True Stories.
- Patrick McCrystal, Who's at the Centre of Your Marriage? Jesus Christ or the Pill? Seems not to be on sale in the U.S.
- Christopher West, "Theology of the Body for Beginners."
- Couple to Couple League International.
- The Creighton Model.
- Billings Ovulation Method.
- iPhone app for Billings Model.
- Billings Ovulation Method USA.
- Catholic Health System in Buffalo, NY.
- One More Soul. Directory of NFP doctors.
- Pope Paul VI Institute for the Study of Human Reproduction.
- USCCB Natural Family Planning.
- Christopher O. Tollefsen, "Contraception and Healthcare Rights."
- "Abortion, Contraception, and the Church Fathers."
- "Poisoned by the Pill: Truths about Chemical Contraception."
- "Does the birth control pill increase your risk of breast cancer?"
- "A Tale of Two Sex Hormones."
- $1 CD: "Planning Your Family God's Way--What Every Christian Needs to Know."
- "Mathematical Proof that Birth Control Fails."
- One Flesh: "Bring Sexy Back."
- "Yes, NFP Really Did Work for You."
- "“What If I’m Wrong About NFP?” A criticism of those who use NFP without serious reasons to do so.
- "Just How Effective is Natural Family Planning, Anyway?"
- Pope Francis encourages use of NFP to regulate conception.
National Natural Family Planning Awareness Week
July 24-30, 2011.