Tears in the New Testament
- Mark 9:24
- And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
- Luke 7:38
- And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
- Luke 7:44
- And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, "Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head."
- Acts 20:19
- Serving the LORD with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:
- Acts 20:31
- Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
- 2 Corinthians 2:4
- For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you.
- 2 Timothy 1:4
- Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy;
- Hebrews 5:7
- Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
- Hebrews 12:17
- For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.
- Revelation 7:17
- For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
- Revelation 21:4
- And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.