Tools for Scripture Study
- Greek Interlinear NT.
- Interlinear Bible (TNK & NT).
- Online Greek NT.
- HTML Bible / Sacred Name Bible concordance.
- New American Bible (online).
- Revised Standard Edition, Catholic Edition.
- New Advent: Greek, English, and Latin side-by-side.
- Symbol font to Unicode Converter.
- Convert special characters to HTML codes.
- Normalized Greek Unicode.
- Catholic Resources for Bible, Liturgy, Art, and Theology.
Introduction to the Scriptures
- How Catholics Should Read the Bible. See the bottom of the page for more links.
- Inside the Bible by Fr. Kenneth Baker.
SBL Unicode Fonts
Greek keyboard layouts
Configuring Windows 10
Setting up the Windows 10 Greek Polytonic Keyboard is a little bit tricky.
- 1. Add Greek to the "Preferred languages" list.
- 2. Click on Greek to bring up "Options."
- 3. Click on "Add a keyboard."
- 4. Select Greek Polytonic from the list.
- 5. Use mouse or [Windows key + space] to select the desired keyboard from the keyboards menu.
- 6. Now the keyboard will function as advertised in the next section.
Links for Greek keyboard layouts
- "Unicode Polytonic Greek Keyboard Map" -- "EZ Accent Keyboard"
- "Typing Ancient (Polytonic) Greek in a Windows Environment"
- "How you can write in Polytonic Greek"
- "Greek Polytonic Key Combinations for Windows 2000 / XP or later"
transposing into Unicode
- - converts SPIonic, among other ASCII Greek systems
03-23-2009 There is a font conversion BW font to Unicode font contained in the BW8 Help file, chapter 59. The macros are also included in unimacros.txt in the main BibleWorks program directory. You will have to copy the text of macros, then open the Word Macro editor and paste the macros into the Word Macro editor. Then run the macros.
This is the best solution I've found so far. It was written by John Kendall and posted to the Bibleworks Forum.
- Turn off Smart Quotes to make sure that the accents turn out well.
- Run the macro on the latest manuscript. It transcodes the characters and turns them red.
- Search for all red characters and replace them with the "automatic" font color. Standard replace procedure: make the replacement or else go on to the next instance of a string of red characters.