|O God, I adore You. I give myself to You.
May I be the person You want me to be,
and may Your will be done in my life today.
I thank You for the gifts You gave to Father Solanus.
If it is Your will,
bless us with the beatification of Venerable Solanus
so that others may imitate
and carry on his love for all the poor and suffering of our world.
As he joyfully accepted Your divine plans,
I ask You, according to Your Will,
to hear my prayers
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Sayings of Fr. Solanus
- Blessed be God in all His designs.
- God could have established his Church under supervision of angels that have no faults or weaknesses. But who can doubt that as it stands today, consisting of and under the supervision of poor sinners--successors to the ‘poor fishermen of Galilee’--the Church is a more outstanding miracle than any other way?
- How merciful the good God is in letting us now and then run up against a snag of some kind, that halts us for at least a moment of reflection on the real purpose of our existence as rational creatures: eternity in God.
- How merciful the good God is, always "fitting the back to the burden"--if not vice-versa, as is often the case.
- We want to be Christians--spouses of Jesus--risen and glorified, of course, but without getting too near the Cross.
- Music of the cross--how beautiful when mastered!
- If we look at things in the light of faith, the worst--as the world considers things--will turn out to be our victory.
- We should ever be grateful for and love the vocation to which God has called us. This applies to every vocation because, after all, what a privilege it is to serve God, even in the least capacity!
- This poor sinner Solanus more than anyone else gives me the most trouble. I consider it a mercy that we need examine one conscience only!
- Life here in the exile is so short and uncertain, that it seems to me it ought to have another name.
- God is constantly planning wonders for the patient and the humble.
- Let us pray for one another's conversion.