Migrate WordPress to new site
- - Run phpmyadmin on new site.
- - Make careful note of HOME and SITE urls of target WordPress installation.
- - Change hard-coded links in widget and style.css. (Later on, learn how NOT to use hard-coded links!)
- - Use Velvet Blue Update URLs to modify the URLs on the source installation.
- - Use phpmyadmin on source site to verify new urls.
- - Use phpmyadmin on source site to double-check HOME and SITE urls.
- - Use phpmyadmin on source site to export the database.
- - Upload all source code for WordPress from the target site to the new site.
- - Use phpmyadmin on target site to import SQL from the source site.
Morals of the story
- don't hard-wire css or images
- save taskerr mods in special taskerr-custom-css sheet