Prayer of Saint John Chrysostom
Revision as of 20:10, 12 September 2013 by Mxmsj (Created page with "According to the Hours of the Day and Night # O Lord, deprive me not of Thy heavenly blessings; # O Lord, deliver me from eternal torment; # O Lord, if I have sinned in my mi...")
According to the Hours of the Day and Night
- O Lord, deprive me not of Thy heavenly blessings;
- O Lord, deliver me from eternal torment;
- O Lord, if I have sinned in my mind or thought, in word deed, forgive me.
- O Lord, deliver me from every ignorance and heedlessness,
from pettiness of the soul
and stony hardness of heart;
- O Lord, deliver me from every temptation;
- O Lord, enlighten my heart darkened by evil desires;
- O Lord, I, being a human being, have sinned;
do Thou, being God, forgive me in Thy lovingkindness,
for Thou knowest the weakness of my soul.
- O Lord, send down Thy grace to help me, that I may glorify Thy holy Name;
- O Lord Jesus Christ, inscribe me, Thy servant, in the Book of Life,
and grant me a blessed end;
- O Lord my God, even if I have done nothing good in Thy sight,
yet grant me, according to Thy grace,
that I may make a start in doing good.
- O Lord, sprinkle on my heart the dew of Thy grace;
- O Lord of heaven and earth, remember me, Thy sinful servant,
cold of heart and impure, in Thy Kingdom.
- O Lord, receive me in repentance;
- O Lord, leave me not;
- O Lord, save me from temptation;
- O Lord, grant me pure thoughts;
- O Lord, grant me tears of repentance, remembrance of death, and the sense of peace;
- O Lord, grant me mindfulness to confess my sins;
- O Lord, grant me humility, charity, and obedience;
- O Lord, grant me tolerance, magnanimity, and gentleness;
- O Lord, implant in me the root of all blessings: the fear of Thee in my heart;
- O Lord, vouchsafe that I may love Thee with all my heart and soul, and that I may obey in all things Thy will;
- O Lord, shield me from evil persons and devils and passions and all other lawless matters;
- O Lord, Who knowest Thy creation and that which Thou hast willed for it;
may Thy will also be fulfilled in me, a sinner,
for Thou art blessed forevermore. Amen.