Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Honestly, I really enjoy watching Christmas flicks. They seem to be some of the most morally clean films out there as a whole. But taking a step back from the simple enjoyment of it all, you realize that whatâ€™s been done to the celebration of Christâ€™s birth is a tragedy.
- â€œThe great majority of people will go on observing forms that cannot be explained; they will keep Christmas Day with Christmas gifts and Christmas benedictions; they will continue to do it; and some day suddenly wake up and discover why.â€ â€“ G.K. Chesterton
- Whatâ€™s your reaction to some of the most recent Christmas films?
- Scrooged (1988)
- Tim Burtonâ€™s The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
- The Santa Clause (1994)
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)
- Elf (2003)
- Christmas With the Kranks (2004)
- The Polar Express (2004)
- The Santa Clause 2 (2006)
- The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause (2006)
- Four Christmases (2008)
- Disney's A Christmas Carol, starring Jim Carrey, Gary Oldman, Colin Firth and Steve Valentine (2009).
One of my many complaints about the Harry Potter series is that Christmas is treated as a winter holiday, utterly divorced from any spiritual meaning. She makes no effort to explain how her characters understand the person and work of Jesus.
- Miracle on 34th Street.
- It's a Wonderful Life.
- Charlie Brown Christmas Special.
- White Christmas.
- A Christmas Story.